Fees and Rebates
I believe in making psychological support accessible for everyone in need. The Australian Association of Psychologists recommends the fee for a standard 40 - 50 minute consultation to be $280.00. In keeping with my belief, I have kept treatment costs well below the recommended standard. The fee for a Standard 50-minute Consultation is $200.00, with most clients being entitled to a rebate through Medicare. After hours consultations (after 6:00 pm and Saturday appointments) will incur an additional fee of $10.00.
As a private practice, Mindful Perspectives Psychology welcomes self-referring clients as well as those referred by their treating GPs or Psychiatrists. We also accept DVA, WorkCover, EAP referrals and NDIS (self-managed or plan managed funding only).
Your rebate may vary according to the following:
- If you are a Medicare Card holder and can present a current Mental Health Care Plan, you may be eligible to a rebate of $89.65.
- If you have Private Health Cover, you may be eligible to part or a full rebate (please check your coverage with your Private Health Fund).
- If you do not hold a Medicare Card, the standard consultation fee applies without the option of a rebate.
~ PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT A BULK-BILLING PRACTICE & ALL FEES ARE PAYABLE AT THE TIME OF CONSULTATION ~
- Support Letter: $130.00 + GST
- Professional Supervision: $165.00 p/hour (weekdays) or $175.00 p/hour (weekends)
- Psychological Assessments/Report: At the discretion of the Psychologist.
- Court/Legal Reports (including any relevant assessments): At the discretion of the Psychologist.
As part of our service to our clients, we ensure SMS and Email reminders are sent through with 48 hours notice to allow you adequate time in which to confirm your appointment. If for any reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we would appreciate your courtesy in giving us at least 24 hours advanced notice to allow us to fill that spot.
- Late cancellations will attract a fee of $100.00 payable to the practice prior to booking future appointments.
- Non-attendance will attract a fee equal to the standard fee payable for your session.
- PLEASE NOTE: Late cancellation and Non-attendance fees are not covered by Medicare rebates.
In the event that you are suffering from cold/flu symptoms on the day of your appointment or you are awaiting COVID testing results, we kindly ask that you contact us as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment. An alternative option of continuing with your consultation via TeleHealth may be offered for your convenience. In the event of illness, we may consider waiving late cancellation fees.
Methods of Payment
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Card - Mastercard / Visa
- EFTPOS/HICAPS (preferred method)